Updating LicenseWhen you download and install the software, you will need a license key to use the software. This section deals with how to get the License Key and enter it into the software.
Getting the License Key
- Download and Install the software on your computer. You can find the software by clicking on the link http://www.sigmamagic.com/pages/download.php. Refer product installation instructions if you need help with the installation.
- Once you install the Sigma Magic software, open Excel and you should now see a menu for Sigma Magic software on your main toolbar. Click on Sigma Magic and it will open up a ribbon as shown in the figure below.
- Click on the License menu which can be found under the Miscellaneous group of menus. This will start the License Manager and display information about the current version of the software you have downloaded and the current status of your License Key.
- If the license key is invalid, you can click on the Buy Now button to purchase a license key.
- This will take you to the website http://www.sigmamagic.com/pages/order.php. Once you place an order and make payment, you will receive the license key immediately on making the payment by e-mail. An example license key is an alpha-numeric text such as ae23-bf45.
Entering the License Key
- You can manually update your license key by copying and pasting the License Key into Sigma Magic. Once you enter the license key, the license manager will display the license type, expiry date and the license status. If the license status shows "Valid" with a check mark next to it then full functionality is enabled.
- Most license keys requires validation from the Sigma Magic server before they are activated. In which case you need to be connected to the Internet to validate the license key. If no Internet connection is available, then the license key is not activated.
- Note that if you have installed the software behind a firewall, then you will need to specify the proxy server settings in Options under General tab for the validation of the license key.
- Contact the support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with entering the License information.
Specifying the Proxy ServerIf your computer is placed behind a company firewall then the software will not be able to access our server to validate the license key. In this case, you will have to specify the proxy details. Click on Options and General and you will find the location to set the proxy server. Enter your proxy server IP address and any port number details. Click on OK to save the details and try to validate your license now. If everything works well, you should not be able to connect to the Internet to activate your license.
Different Types of LicensesThere are several different types of licenses available within Sigma Magic software. The following table provides a brief description of the types of licenses.
|1||Individual - Annual Renewal||This type of license is for personal use and is valid for a period of 1 year from purchase date. The user has to pay the annual renewal amount to keep the license active. The user does not have to worry about the version of the software since they are entitled to the latest release.|
|2||Individual - One Time||This type of license is for personal use and does not have an expiry date. The user does not have to pay any annual renewal fees. However, they are not entitled to free upgrades. They can use the version they have downloaded for as long as they wish.|
|3||Business - Node Locked||This type of license is for business use and is valid for a period of 1 year from purchase date. The user has to pay the annual renewal amount to keep the license active. The user is entitled to the latest version of the software. However, the software is node-locked to one computer.|
|4||Business - Multi-User||This type of license is for business use and is valid for a period of 1 year from purchase date. The user has to pay the annual renewal amount to keep the license active. The user is entitled to the latest version of the software. This is a shared license key between several computers. Depending on the number of simultaneous licenses purchased by the company, those many users can use the software at the same time. The rest of the users will have to wait until a license key is available in order to use the software.|
FAQThis section contains some frequently asked questions. If you have other questions on this module, please contact technical support.
For some type of keys, the software needs to validate the key with the Sigma Magic server. Hence, you need to be connected to the Internet to validate the license key. If the computer is connected but you are still unable to get a valid status, make sure that you have the latest version of the software by clicking on Check Updates. If the problem still persists, please contact the Sigma Magic help desk for resolution.
The machine key is stored in your system registry and even if you computer crashes, it should work okay for you the next time you log-in. If there are major changes to your hardware and software, you may need to re-install the license key again using the steps shown above for "Entering the License Key into the System". If this does not work, please contact your Sigma Magic support desk.
Your License Key is only valid for the computer for which it was purchased. There is no way for us to port this License Key to a different computer. You will have to purchase a new License Key for the other computer.