RequirementsIn order to use this package, you need to have the following requirements:
- Windows Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10
- Minimum Memory Requirement: 256 MB
- Minimum Disk Space Requirement: 50 MB
- Excel 2007 or later
- Analytics templates require R Software Version 3.2 or greater
Software DownloadYou can obtain the software using one of the following ways:
- Official website at: http://www.sigmamagic.com/pages/download.php.
- Installation CD
- Email support to request the software to be mailed to you
Software InstallationUse the following steps to install the software:
- Double click on the Sigma Magic Setup.exe file to launch the software installation on your computer. Note that you will need to have administration privilege to perform the installation. You will get a setup screen that informs you that the software is being installed as shown in the figure below. Click on Next to continue
- You will be asked to accept the license agreement. Carefully review the terms and conditions and if you agree to the terms of the software, click on the "I accept..." radio button and then click on Next to continue. If you fail to accept the terms, the software will not be installed on your computer.
- You will be asked to select the destination location for the software (if this is the first time you are performing the install). The default location is "C:\Program Files\Sigma Magic". You can accept the default or change the destination folder. Click on Next to continue.
- Finally, click on Install to proceed with the installation. If you receive any error message, then the installation did not proceed normally. The installer will check if you have a valid install of the Microsoft Excel software and if such a software does not exist on your computer then the installation will not be completed. If the installation proceeds normally, then you should see a message box as shown in the figure below.
- This completes the installation of the software. If you encounter any problems, the setup will automatically delete any temporary installation files and exit the installation.
- Once installation is completed, open Microsoft Excel and you should see Sigma Magic software menus in Excel on the right hand top corner of the software menus.
Software UninstallYou can remove the installed programs at any time. Go to your control panel and click on Add-Remove Programs. Search for Sigma Magic in the list of programs and double-click on Sigma Magic program to uninstall it from your computer. Click on "Yes" to uninstall all components of Sigma Magic from your computer. Once uninstall has been completed, it will let you know that Sigma Magic software has been removed from your computer.
R Software InstallIn order to install the R Software on your computer use the following steps:
- Download the R Software to your computer by visiting this website: https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/
- Once the software has been installed, link the RScript.exe file to Sigma Magic software by clicking on options and specify the RScript file within the General options as shown below. If the link is successful, a check-mark is shown next to the browse button.
- If R software is not installed, then you will not be able to use the Analytics templates within Sigma Magic software. The R software will automatically download any required packages for any analysis.
TroubleshootingIf you encounter any problems during the installation, please call technical support. They will help you with the installation of the software on your computer.
FAQThis section contains some frequently asked questions. If you have other questions on this module, please contact technical support.
The Add-In file is only 37KB size. The Add-In file is intentionally kept small so that there is not much overhead when you do not use Sigma Magic software. The software (roughly 20 MB) is loaded into memory only when you access Sigma Magic functions.
No, Sigma Magic will only delete the installation files and update the Registry. It will not delete any of the files you may have created using this software.
Sigma Magic will overwrite the software installation so that the older version will no longer work on your computer. If you need to save the re-install the older version, then you will need to save the setup file for the older version of the software and then run it again to reinstall the older version of the software.
No, the software currently works only on Windows OS and does not run on Mac OS.