Updating LicenseWhen you download and install the software, only the trial version is enabled. This trial version of the software does not have an expiry date but it can only be used with limited data. Currently, only 10 rows of data can be analyzed in the trial version. In order to enable the full functionality of the software, you will need to enter a valid License Key. This section deals with how to get the License Key and enter it into the software.
Getting the License Key
- Download and Install the software on your computer. You can find the software by clicking on the link http://www.sigmamagic.com/pages/download.php. Refer product installation instructions if you need help with the installation.
- Once you install the Sigma Magic software, open Excel and you should now see a menu for Sigma Magic software on your main toolbar. Click on Sigma Magic and it will open up a ribbon as shown in the figure below.
- Click on the License menu which can be found under the Miscellaneous group of menus. This will start the License Manager and display information about the current version of the software you have downloaded and the current status of your License Key.
- If the license key is invalid, you can click on the Buy Now button to purchase a license key.
- This will take you to the website http://www.sigmamagic.com/order.htm. Once you place an order and make payment, you will receive the license key immediately on making the payment by e-mail. The license key is a sixteen digit number. An example License Key is: 3ABE-32F6-E142-DC9A.
Entering the License Key
- You can manually update your license key by copying and pasting the License Key into Sigma Magic. Once you enter the license key, the license manager will display the license type, expiry date and the license status. If the license status shows "Valid" with a check mark next to it then full functionality is enabled.
- Some license keys requires validation from the Sigma Magic server before they are activated. In which case you need to be connected to the Internet to validate the license key. If no Internet connection is available, then the license key is not activated.
- Contact the support desk at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any problems with entering the License information.
FAQThis section contains some frequently asked questions. If you have other questions on this module, please contact technical support.
For some type of keys, the software needs to validate the key with the Sigma Magic server. Hence, you need to be connected to the Internet to validate the license key. If the computer is connected but you are still unable to get a valid status, make sure that you have the latest version of the software by clicking on Check Updates. If the problem still persists, please contact the Sigma Magic help desk for resolution.
The machine key is stored in your system registry and even if you computer crashes, it should work okay for you the next time you log-in. If there are major changes to your hardware and software, you may need to re-install the license key again using the steps shown above for "Entering the License Key into the System". If this does not work, please contact your Sigma Magic support desk.
Your License Key is only valid for the computer for which it was purchased. There is no way for us to port this License Key to a different computer. You will have to purchase a new License Key for the other computer.
You will receive free upgrades for the software as long as you are on a maintenance contract. Once the contract expires, you will have to pay the full license fees to get a new license key.
There are three types of keys you may receive. The first is a temporary key that is valid for a limited period of time. The second is a permanent license key that is node locked to one computer that does not require server validation. The third is a permanent license key that is not node locked to one computer but requires server validation.